City and county council hold public forums ahead of redistricting
The public is invited to provide feedback on the process at meetings scheduled in each of Marion County’s nine townships.
INDIANAPOLIS — A series of public forums will be held to discuss the Indianapolis City Council’s upcoming redistricting process.
A forum will be held in each of Marion County’s nine townships, beginning January 22 in Perry Township, although residents are not limited to attending the forum in the township in which they reside. The council said it was the first time in the city’s history that the redistricting process began with a public education and engagement campaign.
A website, YourVoice2022.com, has been created to help answer questions about the process. The site also includes the schedule for the nine forums, information on COVID policies and safety measures at each facility, and the language interpretation options that will be offered at the various forums.
The Perry Township Forum on Jan. 22 is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will include Punjabi and Chin language interpreters.
Here is the full schedule and location of the nine public redistricting forums:
- January 22 – Township of Perry – Perry Meridian HS – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Jan. 25 – Township of Lawrence – CAFÉ – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- January 28 – Franklin Township – Franklin Township Civic League – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 31 – Washington Township – Washington Township Community and Education Center – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- February 1 – Township of Decatur – Township of Decatur School of Excellence – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- February 2 – Wayne Township – Northwest Middle School – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- February 3 – Township of Pike – Fay Biccard Glick Neighborhood Center Gymnasium – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- February 7 – Township of Warren – Moorhead Community Resource Center – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- February 8 – Township Center – Crispus Attucks HS – 5:30-7:30 p.m.