The African Women’s Forum on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (AWIEF) (www.AWIEForum.org) welcomes the fourth cohort of its AWIEF Growth accelerator, sponsored by Nedbank.
Access to finance is the most cited challenge for the growth of women-owned businesses in Africa. Bankability and investment readiness are major obstacles in attracting business financing. the AWIEF Growth Accelerator is designed to meet the unique needs of early stage, high growth female-led businesses with business models, growth strategy training, business advice, mentoring, networking and l ‘access to strategic partnerships. The Accelerator provides support in raising capital for growth, scale and sustainability. It strengthens women’s entrepreneurial leadership capacity, connects them with appropriate sources of capital and helps them grow.
Since 2017, more than 100 founding women founders have followed the acceleration program. For the 2021 cohort, 20 women entrepreneurs will be selected in sectors such as: technology, agribusiness, financial services, manufacturing, health, education, tourism and hospitality, creative industries and energy renewable.
Call for applications
Applications are solicited by dynamic and innovative women entrepreneurs for the AWIEF 2021 Growth Accelerator Cohort.
Why join the program?
After six months of hard work and challenges, as part of the AWIEF Cohort Growth Growth accelerator, you’ll be ready to tell your story and present your business to the world. The program offers:
- Three two-day bootcamps.
- Masterclasses: International sessions led by experts covering all the fundamentals of scale-up.
- Personalized mentoring and leadership coaching.
- Corporate Partners: Connect to companies in your industry for valuable partnership opportunities and as clients.
- Investor Access: Connect to opportunities with Nedbank and active VCs, impact investors and angel investors looking to invest in businesses led by African women.
- Pitch n GrowÔ: demonstration day / pitching event at the 7th edition AWIEF Conference and prices (AWIEF2021) scheduled for December 2 and 3, 2021.
- Free delegate pass at AWIEF2021 conference sessions.
- Join AWIEF Community and Graduate Growth Program: Unparalleled access to a pan-African and global network and peer-to-peer connection to other women entrepreneurs, ongoing online support after the program, e-learning, personalized events and presentations.
Companies must be:
- South African exempt microenterprises (EMEs) or qualifying small businesses (QSEs); at least 50% of women belonging to blacks.
- in a post-acceptance phase.
- scalable and innovative companies.
- in operation for at least three years.
- owned or run by ambitious and committed women entrepreneurs.
- large-scale investment or financing research.
Opening of applications: May 10, 2021
Application deadline: June 14, 2021
Recruitment: June 15-30, 2021
Start of the accelerator: July 12, 2021
Highlight event: Pitch n GrowÔ during AWIEF2021 Conference, December 2 and 3, 2021
What past AWIEF Growth Accelerator participants say:
“The AWIEF The Growth Accelerator was an incredibly inspiring, safe and supportive environment, and was especially helpful during our sudden and rapid growth phase.
“My business is growing and it is thanks to AWIEF. Thank you for the tools, drive and confidence to accelerate my business to new heights. “
Watch the video featuring a past AWIEF Participant in the Growth Accelerator: https://bit.ly/3xYdWjk
Submit an application for AWIEF Growth Accelerator Cohort 2021, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/AWIEFGrowthAccelerator21
The deadline for applications is Monday, May 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CAT. Applications will only be accepted via the link above.
For more information, send an email: [email protected]
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF).
Africanews provides APO Group content as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes.